The Mills of Norfolk - Ringstead Mill
escapetoexplore.co.uk

Picture (c) by John Ashley Photography

Ringstead Mill is a six storey mill built between 1842 and 1854. and converted into living accommodation in 1927.

The wind shaft which is still in place formerly carried six single shuttered sails, mounted on an iron cross.
The cap was rebuilt over a decade ago and covered in aluminium.

In William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk for 1845 it quotes " a fine Six-Sail Mill, erected a few years ago, by Mr. Le Strange, at the cost of about 1,500. Could this be the L'Estrange's of Hunstanton?

Picture (c)
                    by John Ashley Photography